|This article is a stub. You can help Friday the 13th: The Game Wiki by .|
Description[edit | edit source]
This stat influences several combat related actions:
- Increases attack damage dealt with weapons.
- Slightly increases the duration of Stuns on Jason. For example, Brandon "Buggzy" Wilson will have a longer Stun duration than Jenny Myers.
- Reduces stamina cost for all combat actions, which includes combat stance actions (blocking, juking) along with swinging the weapon (either in combat stance or not).
- One of two stats calculated for a counselor's ability to escape Jason when grabbed (the other being composure).
While fighting Jason, if he takes too much damage in a short period of time, he can be knocked down while counselors gain more time to escape. The problem is several weapons which feature high damage also tend to have weak stun potential; several Jason's will opt for grabbing you instead, meaning you won't get many opportunities to inflict damage on Jason. This is especially the case if you're alone when Jason finds you, unless he believes you have a pocket knife on hand. Keep in mind that stunning Jason, rather than striking him or knocking him down, will not deal damage to Jason at all. Therefore you should use weapons with high damage but low stun in order to avoid this problem.
If you're trying to kill Jason, counselors with high strength should gather to ambush him; this will make it easier to demask him. When choosing to pick fights with Jason, do so with a group; he will have a more difficult time grabbing a victim without being stunned. With enough hits, the mask should fall off, fulfilling one crucial task as well as potentially making another one easier depending on the circumstances.
Remember that using combat stance will double the amount of damage you do with a weapon. Even counselors with low strength can demask Jason using an axe or machete in combat stance within a handful of hits, albeit it's still more efficient to do so with a counselor that is proficient in strength.
Myths Confirmed/Debunked[edit | edit source]
- Contrary to popular belief, strength doesn't affect the chance to stun Jason; this is determined by the weapon a counselor wields.
- When Jason suffers damage, his Rage Mode ability will charge faster, meaning it potentially could be activated by mid-game rather than near the end.
- If a counselor is in critical condition, the amount of damage they can potentially deal will be drastically reduced. It's important for counselors with a proficiency in strength to heal themselves if hurt so they can unmask Jason quickly.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The counselor with the highest strength is Brandon "Buggzy" Wilson.
- The counselor with the lowest strength is a tie between Jenny Myers and Deborah Kim.
See also[edit | edit source]