|This article is a stub. You can help Friday the 13th: The Game Wiki by .|
Description[edit | edit source]
This stat reduces the amount of noise generated when moving around. Whenever noise is generated, it appears to Jason in the form of white pings that only he can see.
White pings will give Jason an inkling of where counselors might be located, but it doesn't give an accurate reading at long distances. Furthermore, the following can affect how much noise a counselor makes:
- Counselors with Stealth levels of ten (10) will not make noise pings while jogging.
- Counselors with Stealth levels of at least six (6) can walk without producing noise pings.
- All counselors will avoid making noise pings while crouch walking unless they move over a stream of water.
- Swimming in deep water or moving over a stream of water will drastically increase the amount of noise pings a counselor creates.
- Certain objects can generate noise pings (e.g. a lit firecracker that is actively exploding), but it will center on the object in question rather than the counselor themselves.
Stealth doesn't affect your chances to avoid Jason's Sense ability. Furthermore, while Jason's Rage ability is active, he doesn't hear noise as well as he does normally, meaning some counselors with mediocre stealth will be able to jog without alerting Jason (albeit his heightened abilities more than makes up for this weakness). As a result, high stealth can be considered an early game advantage, whereas it becomes less useful once Jason's Rage ability is activated.
Experienced Jasons will spam their Sense ability when trying to find a counselor; this can negate the usefulness of stealth unless you are far away from Jason in the early-mid portions of the game. Counselors who are proficient in stealth should consider being in areas where Jason won't normally investigate, or he is simply too busy dealing with other counselors. The boat or two-seater are good options to collect objective parts for, and since many counselors with high stealth are also proficient in repairing objectives, it can be worth your time fixing these objectives rather than the heavily contested four-seater car or the phone fuse. This will also force Jason's hand, making it difficult for him to keep an eye on all the objectives without worrying another one is being fixed while his Morph ability is on cooldown.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The counselors with the highest stealth are tied between A.J. Mason and Tiffany Cox.
- The counselor with the lowest stealth is Vanessa Jones.
- Sprinting without creating noise is possible for A.J. Mason if she is equipped with an epic variant of the "Light Foot" perk. For some reason Tiffany Cox is not able to do this, even though they both share the same Stealth level of ten (10).
See also[edit | edit source]