Retro Jason is one of the variations of Jason Voorhees featured in the game, and is the first ever Jason skin that players can customize. Though not from any of the films, this Jason is modeled after his appearance in the 1989 Friday the 13th video game for the NES, by LJN. The costume also replaces the music that plays when Jason is in close vicinity with chiptune-style music.
It can be used by selecting Part 3 Jason, then pressing the "Change Costume" button at the bottom of the screen.
Characteristics, Appearance, and Weapons[edit | edit source]
See also: Jason (Part 3)
In terms of his appearance, there isn't much of a difference as Retro Jason is just a re-colored skin of Part 3 Jason. The mask, his hands, and boots are colored aqua, while his head and neck, shirt, pants, and the mask's straps are colored purple.
In the 1989 game, Jason only uses an axe and a machete, both with the handles in dark orange and the blades in bright white. In the game, Jason's preferred weapon of choice is the axe, basically the felling axe that Part 3 Jason uses in-game.
Strengths and Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
Strengths[edit | edit source]
- Can Run - This Jason is capable of running. Only this Jason and Jason (Part 2) have the ability to run.
- Weapon Strength - This Jason can deal more damage with his weapon.
- Grip Strength - Prevents the Counselors from easily breaking free.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- Stun Resistance - Can be stunned easier and for longer durations.
- Sense - Sense ability won't last as long once activated.
- Stalk - Stalk ability won't last as long once activated.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Although not the first Jason variant to have not been modeled after any appearances from the films (outside of Savini Jason), it is the first and currently only Jason to have been modeled after his appearance in a video game, being the 1989 NES game.
- Although the previews of Retro Jason was seen with the axe recolored much like in the 1989 game, this isn't present for some reason in-game as the axe that Retro Jason uses is the same axe model that Part 3 Jason uses.
See also[edit | edit source]