Savini Jason is one of the variations of Jason Voorhees, and the only variant that wasn't based upon any of the films.
He was originally one of the rewards for donating to the Kickstarter, but due to popular demand, he was available on the Backerkit store as well for $6. He is an exclusive DLC that was only sold on the Kickstarter and Backerkit stores, and will not be sold again by the developers.
Characteristics, Appearance, and Weapons[edit | edit source]
Unlike the other Jasons - which were modeled after the films they were in - this Jason is not from any of the Friday the 13th movies and was instead created as a different variation of Jason by Tom Savini (hence the name), who did the gory special/make-up effects for the first Friday the 13th and Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter. Savini Jason was created to reflect what Jason may look like if he had survived the events of Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday and returned to Crystal Lake after escaping hell.
Savini Jason's appearance is visualized with a surprisingly Part 7-esque hockey mask, now completely blackened with only the top red chevron existing. The right side of the mask is damaged like with Part 7 and Part 9, and has visible claw marks. He is shown to have been cuffed with a chain that trails around his neck similar to Part 7, and wears the Big-Mac-esque worker shirt with pockets; aside from it being now completely black, the left side is completely torn to show the shoulder, now molten-like with small spikes. Parts of the shirt on the back are also scratched to show the molten appearance, and he leaves a small ash-particle trail behind whenever he walks. Lastly, his pants are now black with some tears at the thigh and the knee pad, and he wears black boots.
Savini Jason's appearance does not seem to include many canon features from previous films. Starting with his head, his skin appears now less bloated and rather smoothed. Underneath his mask, his eyes are glowing orange and he has scratches on his face which the insides show to be also glowing orange. The left side skin appears to be a bit stretched, and his mouth - while opened a bit - is shown to be sewed with his skin as the inner mouth glows orange like the scratches and the eyes. With his body appearing to be very muscular, his skin appears in a color like dark ash, and shows the molten appearance a bit.
Currently the only weapon he appears to be using is the Devil's Pitchfork (in-game simply called a Pitch Fork).
Strengths and Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
Strengths[edit | edit source]
- Shift - Faster cooldown on Shift ability.
- Destruction - Has a reduced amount of hits required to break down doors and/or walls.
- Weapon Strength - This Jason can deal more damage with his weapon.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- Can't Run - Has a "fast walk" but can't run like Jason (Part 2) and Jason (Part 3).
- Water Speed - This Jason is very slow in water.
- Grip Strength - the Counselors can break free from this Jason's grip easier and faster.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Savini Jason was teased first on the 20th of February 2017 in a teaser video on Gun Media's official YouTube channel.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
From Left to Right:
- Savini Jason Concept Art, revealed by Wes in the Official Discord on the 20th April 2017. Tweeted out by the Official Twitter account the same day.
- One of the teaser images revealed at the PAX East 2017 panel. This picture is of him with his mask on. (Front View)
- One of the teaser images revealed at the PAX East 2017 panel. This one is of him unmasked. (Front View)
- The final image of a full body-image of Savini Jason.
- Savini Jason's Weapon, named the "Devil's Pitchfork", revealed by Wes in the Discord and on his Twitter.
- The teaser Wes Tweeted on the 11th April 2017. Savini Jason can be seen on the hill in the background.
- An image from the full reveal teaser, captured by Wes and captioned with: "Oh....and show some love to Boltz for making sure Jason's Fire/Ash particles were on point."
- An image captured by the Discord owner Rainskull from the full reveal teaser. Here Savini Jason kills A.J Mason with the Devil's Pitchfork.
- An image of Savini Jason revealed by Ronnie on his Twitter account on the 22nd April 2017. It shows Savini Jason's back. Captioned with: "But when the sun goes down... something stalks the forest"
- An image of Savini Jason posted on the official Gun Media Twitter account. Posted on the 26th April 2017. Captioned with: "Hello, miss. Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior?"
- Jason Stats
- First Savini Jason Teaser Trailer
- PAX East 2017 Panel - Gun Media
- Savini Jason Full Reveal Gameplay Teaser
- Savini Jason Concept Art Tweet - Official Account
- Wes' Tweet of Savini Jason's Weapon
- Wes' Tweet of the Teaser Image
- Friday the 13th: The Game Official Discord
- Ronnie's Tweet with Savini Image
- Lord & Saviour Official Gun Media Twitter Tweet.